Friday 22 October 2010

Museum of everything



Went to the Sir Peter Blake's Museum of Everything yesterday, It was very eclectic as you may expect. All the memorabilia was centered on circus shows and freak shows, which was rather strange to say the least in some cases. I liked the room where all the toy came to life, it sort of reminded me of horror films like 'Dead Silence' but in a good way.
The taxidermy reminded me of Hitchcock's 'Psycho' in a bad way though. Having a load of dead animals arranged in amusing situations just creeped me out loads; as well as seeing where some of the fur had rubbed away to see the leathery skin. Just generally rather weird.

I did like the random David Hockney painting/photograph in the room with all the freak show posters. also the chinese tapestries were interesting. Over all pretty cool day out I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment