Wednesday 26 March 2014

Ink experiments





Belated update on work I've been doing for my New Graduate Award at the londonprintstudio. It took me a while to photograph these properly but over the past couple of months, I have concentrated my time on developing my drawing style and freeing up my way of working by creating more large scale experimental and expressive painting with inks and charcoal. I was asked to explore every mark I could possibly make and in this way I hoped to break from my small-scale drawings and the limitations of this kind of work. For inspiration I looked at contemporary Chinese woodcuts and tried to create mark-making work in light of their techniques. So here are just a few shots of the large scale work.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Jade this work is phenomenal!! Its so nice to see the work you do =) I always thought you were going to be artsy =D I'd love to see some of your work in person xx

    ReplyDelete